• braided multifilament vegetable origin. The thread is sterile and non-absorbable; consists of peritsiklichni fiber from the stem of Linum usitatissimum, joined by twisting. The major component is cellulose. The product is treated with paraffin.
• comes in ivory.
• available in a wide range of sizes and lengths, with or without a stainless steel needle with different sizes.
• nonabsorbable sutures to bring the soft tissue or ligature (eg. in the gastrointestinal and general surgery).
• LEN causes only minimal effects on the tissue and later encapsulates and becomes "plugged" into the fabric as is the case with all non-absorbable sutures. Is not absorbed and does not decompose or become weak due to the action of enzymes such as tissue that retains its original strength in the body for long periods of time.
• Due to the composition of LEN is not possible diameter can be controlled precisely, ie varies in thickness. As a result, the resistance of the thread is not uniform, however, it remains excellent and is increased when the thread is wet.
• It is characterized by high chemical and biological inertness and outstanding safety at tying.